Wood Log Biomass fuel
Classic type of fuel
Heating with Wood Logs is one of the most original forms of heating with Wood. Tree-trunks are being split and cut into various lengths (up to 1 meter) depending on the needs.
To secure a good combustion and high efficiency, the wood logs should be dryed at least 2 years. Therefore the wood logs (mainly in 1 m pieces) are being stored at a sunny place - piled up. If you store the wood-logs in your cellar, please ensure a proper air exchange of the room, that the wood can continue drying.
Well dryed wood has a calorific value of approx. 4 kWh per kg - means 2,5 kg of wood replace 1 l fuel oil. 5-6 rm hard wood (deciduous wood) or 7-8 rm soft wood (pine wood) replace approx. 1000 l fuel oil.
Main Advantages of Wood Log Boilers:
- Automatic boiler cleaning system
- Automatic Ignitiation
- Combustion-Control to secure clean burn-up
- Lowest Emissions
- Comfortable handling
- Highest Efficiency
- Wood logs as a local renewable fuel
- Ash can be used as a fertilizer in garden (small amounts)
Advantages for farmers:
- Use of Residual Wood
- Additional Income through selling wood logs
- Minimal workload through mechanical log production
- Efficient and Eco-friendly Wood-Log Boiler